“To promote the advancement of education and sport amongst the underprivileged and disadvantaged in the Pontefract district area and the wider West Yorkshire region.”
Helping kids in Pontefract
The foundation was set up to benefit underprivileged children, teenagers and young adults in Pontefract & the wider West Yorkshire region.
The primary aim is to actively increase participation through introducing new activities across many sporting and arts disciplines.
- Dealing with competition and coping with both winning and losing
- Respect for themselves and others and adherence to rules
- Provide innovative opportunities for self-development
- Promote discipline and well-being for participants
- Encouraging the individuals’ physical fitness and development
- Support and challenge people to discover talents & qualities within themselves
“In my opinion, the opportunity has impacted on the children not only physically and educationally, but emotionally. These sessions have enabled even the more reserved pupils in the group to develop confidence and improve their attitude towards their learning in school.”